Copyright 2016. Arroyo Grande Rotary Club.
All Rights Reserved.
Proceeds go to Rotary Charities. Funding local youth programs and educational support programs such as:
-College scholarships for local High School students
-Local youth programs like "Computers for Youth" at the Exploration Station & Youth Performing Arts program at the Clark Center
-Supporting local Non-Profits such as: Boys & Girls Club, Women's Shelter, & CASA
-Service projects that create positive, lasting change in our communities and around the world
*Selection of resorts and times will depend on availability. Whether it’s a vacation on a sandy beach or a snow-capped mountain, the choice is yours with this vacation gift certificate.
Rotary Club of Arroyo Grande Harley Davidson 2017 Road Glide Special Motorcycle Raffle Official Rules (“Official Rules”)
The 2017 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special Motorcycle Raffle (“Raffle”) officially begins on May 27, 2017 at approximately 8:00 A.M., and ends on July 29, 2017, at approximately 5 p.m. (“Raffle Period”). The Raffle is sponsored by the Arroyo Grande Rotary Foundation (Rotary Sponsor), PO BOX 412, Arroyo Grande CA 93421.
The Official Rules of the Raffle are set forth herein. By purchasing a Raffle ticket and entering the Raffle, Raffle entrants (“Entrants”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Raffle or these Official Rules, and further agree to be bound by the Sponsor’s decisions and interpretation of these Official Rules.
Void where prohibited by Law.
1. Eligibility. The Raffle is open to all persons age 18 and over whom are legal U.S. residents physically residing in the United States and District of Columbia. The Raffle is not open to the Rotary Sponsor members as well as their immediate family members (spouse, domestic partners and children living within their homes) and Santa Maria Harley Davidson employees.
2. How to Enter. Raffle tickets (“Tickets”) cost one hundred dollars ($100) each. Tickets must be purchased directly from a Rotary member, Santa Maria Harley Davidson, a major Sponsor registered to sell tickets, by phone, fax, mail, or at an Arroyo Grande Rotary event table.
Subject to availability, Entrants may purchase as many Tickets as they wish. Tickets are personal and can only be in the name of one (1) individual Entrant. Entrants may not sell their Ticket(s) to anyone, but they may gift, donate or otherwise transfer a Ticket so long as that third person’s name and address are clearly written on the Ticket Stub and the Ticket complies with all other provisions of these Official Rules. Prize(s) will not be issued to anyone other than the one (1) Entrant whose name and address are on the Ticket.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the following: counterfeit or otherwise false Tickets or Tickets suspected of being counterfeit or false; any illegible, defective, incomplete or physically altered Ticket; and any Ticket that is not accompanied by valid or complete payment. Sponsor is not responsible for printing errors in any Raffle-related material, or for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. Drawing. The Grand Prize Drawing will be held on July 29, 2017 at Santa Maria Harley Davidson, 2022 Preisker Ln., Santa Maria, CA 93454 and posted on Rotary Harley Raffle website. The drawing will be made at random by an independent party. Entrants need not be present to win.
4. Notification/Final Award of Grand Prize. The Entrant whose Ticket is drawn (“Selected Entrant”) at the Grand Prize Drawing will be notified by phone and/or U.S. Mail or email using the information provided on the Ticket. If the Selected Entrant cannot be located or contacted, or fails to return attempts to contact him or her within ten (10) business days after Sponsor’s first attempt to contact him or her (the “Contact Period”), such Selected Entrant will be deemed to have forfeited the Grand Prize, and another Selected Entrant will be drawn. As a condition to the final awarding of the Grand Prize, the Selected Entrant must sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility/liability/publicity release in the form approved and provided by Sponsor (“Release”) and all requested supporting information, including (without limitation) proof of age and proof of identity, showing that the person claiming the Grand Prize is the same Entrant named on the winning Ticket and the winning Ticket stub. Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within fourteen (14) days after receipt of Grand Prize notification. The Grand Prize shall be forfeited if the Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached within the Contact Period; or (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the Release and any supporting documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the Grand Prize for any reason. The Selected Entrant must also grant permission for the use of his or her name, photographs, or likenesses for advertising and promotion for this and similar promotions without compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. Grand Prize. 2017 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special Motorcycle in Vivid Black including sales tax, license, and transfer fees. 2017 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special Motorcycle VIN#1HD1KTC35HB652388 provided warranties honored by the manufacturer. Possession to be taken at Santa Maria Harley-Davidson 2022 Preisker Ln., Santa Maria, CA 93454.
If less than 500 tickets are sold, Rotary Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the raffle and refund ticket purchases to purchaser with no interest credited.
The Selected Entrant is subject to, and responsible for all relevant federal, state, and local taxes.
6. Proceeds. Proceeds from the Raffle, after payment of legitimate costs attributable to the Raffle and its administration within legal limits, will benefit Rotary charitable endeavors.
7. Odds. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Tickets sold. If 1,000 Tickets are sold, the odds of any one Ticket winning the Grand Prize are 1:1,000. A maximum of 1,000 Tickets will be sold.
8. General Conditions. The Raffle is subject to these Official Rules. These Official Rules shall not be changed by any oral statement made by any person acting, or purporting to act, on behalf of the Sponsor. By participating, Entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and that the decisions of Sponsor regarding the interpretation of these Official Rules and the administration of the Raffle shall be final and binding on all Entrants; (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Raffle or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law; and (iii) to the full extent permitted by law, release Rotary, and its respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, and agents, and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Raffle or the interpretation of these Official Rules (collectively, the “Releasees”) from all claims, causes of action, damages, liabilities, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement (collectively, “Claims”) arising out of or connected in any way with the Raffle, its production, judging, or administration (including, without limitation, the interpretation of these Official Rules), and the Grand Prize. By accepting the Grand Prize, Selected Entrant agrees to release all Releasees from and against any Claims as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Raffle-related activity or participation in this Raffle (including, without limitation, and except where prohibited by law, the use of the Selected Entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Raffle on a national basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation). Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant and Selected Entrant will be issued IRS Forms W2-G and W-9, as applicable, for the value of the Grand Prize. Prior to the delivering of the Grand Prize, all required federal and state income taxes based on the value of the Grand Prize will be due from the Grand Prize Winner. Each Ticket purchaser is advised to consult his or her own tax advisor(s) with respect to the tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Grand Prize in this Raffle. Tickets are not tax deductable. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Raffle or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right to cancel the Raffle should Sponsor suspect fraud or for reasons outside the control of Sponsor. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Raffle will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE RAFFLE. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
In the event the release described in the first paragraph of this Section 9 is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be inapplicable in a particular circumstance, an Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy for any Claim against any Releasee arising out of the sale of Raffle Tickets or the conduct of the Raffle shall nevertheless be limited to the return to such Entrant of the purchase price paid for his or her Raffle Ticket(s). In no event shall Sponsor, Rotary, Arroyo Grande Rotary, any Participating Group, or any of their directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives be liable to any Entrant or other person or entity for any loss or injury to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any Entrant or other person or entity whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. Privacy. All personal information collected by Sponsor will be used for administration of the Raffle and Rotary Sponsor. The Sponsor will not share, sell or otherwise distribute personal information collected except as stated above.
10. Applicable Law/Judicial Reference. This Raffle is intended to be conducted in accordance with applicable California law. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the interpretation of these Official Rules and the administration of the Raffle shall be final and binding on all Entrants. Subject to the foregoing, any controversy, dispute, or claim between Sponsor and any Entrant, in any combination, arising out of or connected in any way to these Official Rules or the Raffle (collectively, a “Controversy”) shall be heard by a referee, without a jury, in accordance with the provisions of Section 638, et seq., of the California Code of Civil Procedure (“CCP”) or their successor statutes. The referee shall be appointed by the court, shall hear and determine all of the issues in the action or proceeding brought to resolve the Controversy, whether of fact or of law, and shall report a statement of decision to the court, all in accordance with the provisions of Section 638, et seq., of the CCP or their successor statutes. Sponsor may plead the finality of its interpretation of these Official Rules and of its decisions regarding the administration of the Raffle as a full and complete defense should such a Controversy involve Sponsor and its performance of such activities.
11. Official Rules and Winner List. The name of the Selected Entrant will be posted on Sponsor’s website on or about July 29, 2017. The name of the Selected Entrant and a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Rotary Harley Raffle, PO Box 412, Arroyo Grande, CA 93421-0412. All such requests must be received by Arroyo Grande Rotary within 30 days after the close of the Raffle.
12. Registration with the State of California by letter from the Attorney General’s office, Arroyo Grande Rotary Foundation has registered with the Department of Justice under Raffle Registration Number RF0010094 and is authorized to conduct raffles in California pursuant to the provisions of Penal Code Section 320.5 for the raffle period.
Those who appreciate the aggressive look and wind-cutting power of the frame-mounted shark nose fairing and dual Daymaker™ Reflector LED headlamps on the Road Glide® Special model wouldn’t ride anything else. And now the ride gets even more aggressive thanks to the all-new Milwaukee-Eight® 107 engine, all-new suspension, and Reflex Linked Brembo® brakes. The Special features the top-of-the-line 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with integrated GPS and the BOOM!™ Box 6.5 GT audio system, standard ABS, a gloss black inner fairing and color-matched fairing skirt. It’s time to make your own assault on the wind.
This is H-D attitude with no compromise! Check out the review on YouTube: